Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Waiting

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part
"The Waiting," Tom Petty

Unemployed people do a lot of waiting.

We wait for decisions.
For job interviews.
For our unemployment payments and decisions from the unemployment agency. For our efforts at finding the right job to finally pay off.

Yesterday, I had an interview. For a job. Well, that's not really true. It wasn't just for a job. It was for The Job.

After I sent the interviewers thank you notes, I began waiting for their decision about whether or not they want to bring me back for another interview. I should know the result by this time next week.

I'm thrilled I made it this far in the process.

I know -- even though they didn't say it -- they must be looking at other candidates.

And that there are other factors involved -- HR, funding, paperwork, scheduling -- at their end.

The best I can do is wait. And continue to go about my life as I wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment